Check out our new reopening Policies.
We are reopening our doors for the first time since the onslaught of Covid-19. Accordingly, new policies will be upheld to protect our customers and staff.
- I will communicate with you beforehand to obtain updates to your health information and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19.
- When you arrive at the office, I’ll ask that you wait in your vehicle until I text you or call you to come in. This ensures that we don’t have too many people in the reception area at one time.
- I will greet you at the door and use a no touch thermal temperature screening to confirm that you don’t have a fever.
- I’ll ask you if you have developed any symptoms of illness since we spoke on the phone. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Massage is not advised if you have any symptoms of illness.
- Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building, and during your massage.
- I will ask you to sign an informed consent form that states, “I understand that close contact with people increases the risk of infection from COVID-19. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive massage from this practitioner.”
- There is a hand-hygiene station that I will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
I look forward to seeing you again and am happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps I take to keep you, and every client, safe in my practice. To make an appointment, please call my office at xxx-xxx-xxxx. My practice is tentatively scheduled to open on day, month, date.
Thank you for being my client. I value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to a safe, therapeutic touch environment.